I took a colleague visiting from overseas to Cyrildene, the neighborhood (actually just one street) known to have a lot of hole-in-the-wall really good chinese restaurants. Many of these restaurants moved from the "old" Chinatown on Commisioner Street which I still have yet to visit. Unfortunately, most of the owners don't know any English so I once again had to struggle to bring out my limited Chinese food vocabulary to order. We ended up with pan-fried pork and delicious green onion and ginger crab. So for the record, you CAN get good chinese food in South Africa!
26 February 2008
The "new" Chinatown
I took a colleague visiting from overseas to Cyrildene, the neighborhood (actually just one street) known to have a lot of hole-in-the-wall really good chinese restaurants. Many of these restaurants moved from the "old" Chinatown on Commisioner Street which I still have yet to visit. Unfortunately, most of the owners don't know any English so I once again had to struggle to bring out my limited Chinese food vocabulary to order. We ended up with pan-fried pork and delicious green onion and ginger crab. So for the record, you CAN get good chinese food in South Africa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment