I am finally back online and have much to share. First, I just want to let you all know that I have safely arrived in Joburg, moved into my apartment, am just about adjusted to this time zone (PST + 10 hours), started driving on the other side of the road, and am just about settled. Although I must admit that it still feels like I'm on a business trip.

Here is a photo journal of my first weekend:
I literally stepped off the plane and headed for the bush with my new coworkers for a weekend of relaxation. This was an incentive trip planned for them to celebrate last year's performance. What a way to
start off my time in SA.
We often only hear about the beautiful African sunsets. I was able to witness 2 of them. The description is beyond words.
Did you know? During summers in the highveld (where Joburg is located), you get late afternoon showers. Here is a picture of the rain taken from the bush (lowveld) during sunset.


It's not everyday that you have to slow down while driving to avoid hitting animals such as Springbok, Zebra, Waterbuck, Kudu, Impala, Eland, Wildebeest, and Hartebeest. Too bad I

didn't get pictures of them but seeing them with the sunset as a backdrop was truly an unforgettable sight. However, I DID get pictures of these guys- a 4 month old tiger and a female cheetah just after her run demonstrating her speed of over 80 km/hr.
I also went Quad biking for the first tim

e- through the

bush. Thrilling! Very dusty, but thrilling. And lastly, I once again experienced South Africa's national pastime- a braai which means barbeque. The lamb chops were great, and I rarely eat lamb! Also had the boerewors- "farmer sausage" or spicy sausage- which is always good as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment