
Alright, I must admit, I know very little about football aka American soccer. Well, I do know more about soccer than cricket, but that is beside the point. The 2009 Confed Cup started here in South Africa on Sunday. Apparently it's the thing that takes place the year before the World Cup in the same host country. 8 teams (including USA) are playing throughout the country. USA lost against Italy on Monday 3-1 (no surprise although I received an SMS at half time they were ahead 1-0). Last night Bafana Bafana won (RSA's team known to be not so good). I am currently stuck at the Bloemfontein airport along with half the reporters who covered the match here last night RSA vs New Zealand. Interesting seeing them all on their computers, from different countries, carrying huge video cameras...Now, if only I can get the courage to actually start a conversation.
No comments:
Post a Comment