02 August 2008

A half a world away...

As I hit my 9 month anniversary here in South Africa, I am reminded that although there is a big pond and many miles separating me from dear friends and family, we are still united by a God who watches over and cares for all of us constantly. I am also thankful for modern technology such as the internet so I can keep in close communication with everyone. A big congrats to Wendy & Warren and Benita & Dave as I will be missing their wedding celebrations in the coming months. I also want to send my deepest condolences to Rupert as he mourns the death of his precious wife Esther. She has passed away after a battle with brain cancer and is now experiencing peace in heaven. Please pray for Rupert as he grieves and also for future hopes. Rupert, you are a star. I am amazed and touched by how you showed love to Esther; something we can all learn from.

No comments: