06 April 2008

A busy weekend in Joburg

I finally had the chance to get around to some of the local neighborhoods again to try some restaurants and check out the views.  Had brunch at a quaint cafe called Cafe Nice on 4th Ave in Parkhurst with Bronwyn and friends on Saturday.  Then ventured with Heather (fellow North American visiting SA for 3 months) to Melville to check out a Vietnamese/Thai place for dinner called Soi.  I must agree that the food IS as good as reported.  Heather and I also checked out the view of Johannesburg from Kyalami Castle and the Westcliff Hotel.  Both were amazing; we were able to really get an overview of how lush Joburg is especially as the green leaves are going through the Fall color change.  Here are some pictures of the view from the Westcliff Hotel as the sun set.  They also had the most amazing pool there.  So, after continuously hearing about how Joburg is so dangerous and there isn't much to do here, it was nice to see a pretty side of this city.
 

No comments: