10 December 2007
Darkness...
Have you ever been at the gym and suddenly the lights go out. Darkness and quiet. Except, then you start seeing faint lights coming from the ellipticals and stationary bikes and people moving on them, still exercising, but it's still pitch black. A weird sight. (I tried to capture it in the picture but all you see is blackness.) I am currently sitting in the midst of a blackout that ranges from at least the gym back to my apartment and probably further. I've heard Joburg has frequent power outages because people try and steal copper lines. I wonder if this is one of them. Thank goodness for the big huge candle the previous tenant left in my apartment and the very nice security guy at my gate for lending me a match. At least I have some light. And, thank goodness for computers that run on batteries. My entertainment for the night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment